TechTarget Contributor Content Policy
The IT Solutions Advisor Community was created to connect like-minded IT professionals during all phases of an IT project, particularly evaluation and purchase. We’re here to facilitate peer discussion and provide access to experts. The ITSA Community also delivers direct access to the latest TechTarget primary research from our vast member network, delivering results on the exact market segments in which members are buying.
TechTarget has a strict policy regarding the type of content that can be contributed or posted to the TechTarget network and an interest in protecting the content published on the TechTarget websites. Therefore, this policy was developed to comply with legal requirements, protect any and all copyright in the content and enhance the TechTarget network as a whole.
The following is strictly forbidden on the TechTarget network of websites (the “TechTarget Network”) and therefore on the IT Solutions Community as well:
- Use of the TechTarget Network for illegal purposes or to publish any content that is unlawful, defamatory, and fraudulent.
- Use of the TechTarget Network to misappropriate the identity of another person or post other people’s personally identifying or confidential information, including but not limited to credit card numbers, Social Security Numbers, and driver’s and other license numbers. Contributors to the TechTarget Network may not post information such as other people’s passwords, usernames, phone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses unless already publicly accessible on the Web.
- Use of the TechTarget Network to post hate speech and other objectionable content. TechTarget reserves the right to warn others of the potentially offensive content through the use of a warning page. Other content, such as adult material, may be depublicized so that it does not appear in frequently-trafficked areas of the TechTarget Network. TechTarget Network also reserves the right to remove content or disable links to host sites that exist for the primary purpose of garnering commercial traffic through pornography.
- Use of the TechTarget Network to post copyrighted content without the permission of those who created it or in accordance with the applicable fair use exceptions under U.S. Copyright statutes (allowing limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports). All notifications of alleged copyright infringement that are submitted to TechTarget in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) or equivalent principles of law in other jurisdictions will be handled in compliance with the requirements of DMCA or other applicable law. If we remove a blog/post or disable access to a blog to comply with the DMCA or other applicable law, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of each affected site so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to section 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA or its equivalent. More information about our DMCA procedures can be found on our DMCA policy.
- Use of the TechTarget Network to transmit spam or otherwise transmit content that is created for the primary purpose of manipulating search engine results, or generating revenue or traffic through deceptive means.
TECHTARGET IS NOT IN A POSITION TO DETERMINE WHETHER ANY STATEMENT VIOLATES THIS POLICY AT THE TIME IT IS POSTED. HOWEVER, IF WE HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT A PARTICULAR STATEMENT IS FALSE, DEFAMATORY, UNLAWFUL, INCONSISTENT WITH THIS POLICY, OR IMPROPER FOR ANY OTHER REASON, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE THAT STATEMENT FROM THE TECHTARGET NETWORK.
Copyright Protection. All contributors grant TechTarget the right to enforce and protect in the contributors’ names any and all copyrights in the content they contribute to the TechTarget Network (“Content”) and to prevent the infringement of such Content. This right includes, among other things, the right to litigate, collect and retain damages arising from infringement, if TechTarget chooses to pursue such remedies. Each contributor appoints TechTarget, or its successor, as the contributor’s true and lawful attorney to do all acts and provide any and all documents that may be necessary to restrain infringements and recover damages in respect to or for the infringement or other violation of the copyright in the Content, and make any disposition in connection with the copyright infringement at TechTarget’s sole discretion. Each contributor will also, from time to time, provide to TechTarget, such assurances, powers of attorney or other authorizations or instruments as TechTarget may deem necessary to enable it to protect the copyright in the contributor’s Content.